Saturday, July 17, 2010

So close I can almost taste it!

So here I am, yesterday afternoon, laying outside tanning and reading (the tenth circle) when all of a sudden my cell phone rings. No big deal right? Except for it took me like 2 minutes to realize it was CB calling and I almost missed the call! I was in such shook I just kept looking at the name on caller ID thinking "it's all in your head, the heat is getting to you, this is a mirage"

Well it turns out I got my dates mixed up. He's flying home tomorrow afternoon and he should be in town late late Sunday night or Monday morning if he decided to catch some sleep at the shacks.*Happy dance*Having to be at work Monday morning knowing he's in town is going to be torture but at least I'm not closing the store!

Speaking of the store... I screwed up. I didn't manage the store well one day this week and we end up so much further away from making our weekly budget than we should have been. I'm really disappointed with myself, I can't stop beating myself up about it.
Oh and while I'm on the subject of work, I was getting ready for work this morning following my usual routine:
-go downstairs & have coffee with mom
-listen to the weather- go to the laundry room and pick out an outfit for work
-come upstairs turn on the lights and my laptop for music
-shower
-get ready
-go
Well I complete the first 3 steps flawlessly and am now upstairs in my room, I go and pull on the cord for the lights on my ceiling fan.....nothing happens
Me "hmm thats weird" and I pull again. Ta da! Let there be light! And TV! The TV turned its self on.....
Me" hmm I must have stepped on the remote" ...nope... its on the other side of my bed next to the wall on the floor...
Creepy...
I find this creepy especially because the night before I brought a snack up into my room and assumed the dog followed me like usual. He likes to hide under the blankets, so when the blankets had moved I assumed it was him and called him to see if he wanted a piece of what I was eating... He didn't poke his head out so I lift the blankets to look for him, no dog. He was downstairs in his cage fast asleep....


Needless to say I wont be watching any scary movies before bed tonight :)

*What I miss about him most today - How competitive he can be - the look on his face when I kicked his ass at battleship, TWICE, and UFC on ps3 the first time we played.

No comments:

Post a Comment