Friday, December 3, 2010

Men's Underwear, Unsupervised

Elle's guide to looking like an idiot:

  1. Agree to buy your boyfriend "briefs", without him
  2. Go to Walmart
  3. Find the mens clothing section
  4. Find the wall of underwear
  5. Stare blankly for 5 minutes
  6. Realize briefs come in 67 different varieties and cuts
  7. Ponder out loud why men need so many varieties of the same thing
  8. Decided to ask a stranger, who heard you talk to yourself, what the hell you should pick
  9. Have the stranger turn bright red and walk away leaving you with 4 different packs of "briefs" in your hands
Any other day I would have known what to buy, except CB decided he wanted something new. He's explanation was briefs, but a little looser and longer than he usually wears, oh and in manly colors. Great, I go it! How hard could that be? Apparently pretty hard.

The wall was one being confusing mess. There were regular briefs, boxer briefs, extra long boxer briefs, and all other ones I can't be bothered to remember the names of. They all looked fairly similar, each type only had one difference from the one I had just finished looking at. By the time I got to the end of the brief section on the wall, I was convinced they were not the same type of underwear but lo and behold there was the damn brief word on the packaging.

After I scared the random man away with my muttering out loud and asking for his opinion, he bolted not even bothering to get whatever underwear he had come for by the way, I literally gave up. I just grabbed the first pack on the top of my pile in my hands and tossed the rest back on the wall that seemed to be mocking me by this point.

Never again. I admit defeat! You win Walmart wall of underwear, you win!

No comments:

Post a Comment