Thursday, February 3, 2011

Exhaustion

I can hear it in his voice. He is worn out and tired. It kills me that I am unable to do more than just give him supportive and encouraging words.
I'm sending out my very last care package today to get him through the last little bit.

I had my first dream about his homecoming, it was nothing romantic lol. He was drunk and insisting on going out to a bar to party, despite the fact that he was way too intoxicated to be let in.

I was just thinking about how long he has been gone and how soon he will be home. It seems like he has missed nothing and everything all at the same time. Does that make any sense to anyone?

I am more than ready to have him home just as I am sure he is more than ready to be home. I am tired of hogging the bed and blankets. I am excited to going back to "steam rolling" over him in the mornings to wake him up. I can't wait to having to go back to  walking 2 blocks to go get coffee, instead of walking downstairs and having it ready.

*What I miss about him most today - is his optimism and free spirited ways.

2 comments:

  1. Ummm, ya, totally makes sense about missing everything and yet nothing at all! Its the little stuff.

    CBG
    canadianbloggergirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're right, it is all the little stuff and the little stuff adds up

    ReplyDelete