Tuesday, February 1, 2011

People Watching

It's basically what gets me through my days at work. I watch the people in my lines and notice certain trends in customers.

There's the classic "gangster" wannabe who wears there sunglasses inside and pays in 20's, they usually seem to act like I should be impressed that they have that much cash on them.... I'm usually just stuck on "how much weed did you smoke before coming in here that you can't take your sunglasses off?"

Then there is the "ultra chic" mid-aged, usually single, woman. She also refuses to take her sunglasses off. She's usually dressed in some ridiculous outfit that is so not weather appropriate, she treats the cashiers in a condescending way, calling us "sweetie" or "hun" and expects her IKEA purchases gift wrapped on a silver platter. All I want to tell her is "You will not meet your future husband at IKEA, all the men that come here are a) gay, b) pushing a stroller, or c) handymen so put your jacket back on and go buy some pants!!"

There is also the married couples, which can be broken down into two categories! The married for "just long enough", where the husband is usually rolling his eyes at his wife while she hums and haws, again, at the cash over if she is buying the right thing. If the husband isn't rolling his eyes in this case, the wife is telling the husband what to do and that he isn't doing it right. I don't think I would be wrong in guessing their life in the bedroom looks exactly the same. Sorry I had to. Okay the second category is the old married couples. I love, love, love these couples. They know their roles so well, they hardly have to say anything. They know who's paying, who's packing, and are almost always pleasant. I just want to hug them.

My least favorite, the creepy old man. He has no concept of personal space, stares too long, gives compliments, uses your name after he's read it on your name tag, and takes too long to move after you have finished his transaction. In these cases I want to go rub hand-sanitizer all over myself.

There are so many others, but I'll save them for a rainy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment